Brisbane Roar FC and Gold Coast City FC are accepting applications for the position of Academy Preparation Centre (APC) Coach – Gold Coast.
Academy Preparation Centre (APC) Coach – Gold Coast
BRFC Academy & Gold Coast City FC
Gold Coast City Technical Director & BRFC Academy Director
To be discussed at interview
The role will be based at one of Gold Coast City’s Academy Preparation Centre’s across the Gold Coast Region. However the scope of the role will require travel to fulfil fixtures and may require state-wide or national travel from time-to-time.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The role of the Academy Preparation Centre Coach will be to implement the strategic delivery of the core coaching program to an age group within BRFC’s Academy Preparation Centre. This role in the Gold Coast will be based at Gold Coast City, working within the structures at the club and reporting directly to the respective Club’s Technical Director.
The role is critical to Brisbane Roar’s vision for player development for children between the ages of 5 and 12 years old, and the Academy Preparation Centre Coach can expect to work closely with and be mentored by Brisbane Roar’s Academy Staff. Academy Preparation Centre coaches will be expected to understand and be able to apply the concepts of the FFA’s National Curriculum specifically in relation to the Skill Acquisition and Discovery Phase. Academy Preparation Centre coaches should be patient in their approach to educating young players, have an in depth understanding of technical coaching and demonstrate high energy and enthusiasm.
• Deliver strong leadership and guidance to players in the APC
• Implement Gold Coast City’s Football philosophy through coaching & games
• Implement BRFC’s principles of player development for this age group Manage the transition of players through each phase of the player pathway
• Lead the planning & delivery of all age group coaching sessions
• Lead the planning & delivery of all age group fixtures
• Undertake ongoing professional development with a focus on 5-12 year olds
• Implement the vision & expectations of the Gold Coast City Technical Director
• Liaise with parents of players to ensure stakeholder satisfaction as main priority
• Provide regular feedback to players informally and through formal review
• Contribute to the recruitment of APC players in the relevant age group
• Act as a role model for players and colleagues by demonstrating the highest standards of professionalism and integrity, and promote these
• Carry yourself in a manner that promotes Brisbane Roar and Gold Coast City in a positive light at all times
• Contribute to the delivery of GCC/Brisbane Roar APC training and holiday camps as required by the Gold Coast City Technical Director
• Be prepared to fulfil any other needs as requested by your respective line manager
The suitable candidate will be:
• Self-motivated and committed
• Able to plan and operate in an organised and co-ordinated manner
• Confident and able to work both individually and as part of a successful team
• Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
JOB DESCRIPTION ACADEMY PREPARATION CENTRE COACH
• Knowledgeable and experienced in working within the football environment specifically with children between the ages of 5 and 12
• Computer literate
• Able to drive
The suitable candidate will have the following qualifications:
• FFA C Youth License/Youth Specific Coaching Qualification
• License maintenance
• Relevant Child Protection Certification
The suitable candidate will benefit from the following qualifications:
• Other formal coaching certification recognised by the FFA
• Teaching experience
• Degree/Masters or Post-Graduate in related discipline
• Experience as a football player
• Experience as a Youth Coach within the locality of Central Brisbane
• The hours of work will be up to 10 per week, to be agreed with your line manager
• The job will primarily involve working unsociable hours and weekends
• You may be asked to undertake additional duties to those above, on a temporary basis, which the Club reasonably believe you are capable of carrying out, or for which you will be trained
• Relevant ethical, professional and health & safety standards apply to this role
• You will be required to travel regularly so full driver’s license is essential
• The Coach must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to the Football Club policies and procedures, in particular Health & Safety, Financial Authorisation, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act.
• The Coach must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst Employees and customers
• The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive. The duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club
Generally, All Applicants will:
• Behave appropriately and professionally at all times, considering his/her actions and the implications on their self-image and that of the Football Club as a whole. They will ensure high personal standards of appearance and conduct, and promote a working environment where respect and consideration for others is important.
• Demonstrate a positive and enthusiastic attitude at all times, and be prepared to go the extra mile. They will be receptive to new ideas and take feedback on-board and use it to their advantage.
• Conduct their duties to a high standard, be organised and able to meet set deadlines. They will strive for excellence within their work and demonstrate attention to detail.